Many people experiences the lower left side back pain due to many reasons and it makes them suffer for many days. Common symptoms of the left side back pain may include the localized pain below the ribs and all around the side of torso. In addition to the lower left side back pain may be intermittent in the frequency which is more tolerable during the certain period of time. The people who have the lower left side back pain will be noticing aching pain or stabling or dull where many people may also be hyper sensitive to touch the pain area which stays localized to the lower side of the back pain. For others the back pain remains unaffected even with the changes in their food diet habits where some people who have this lower left side back pain may also experience the problem when taking the deep breaths during exercise or lying. The following are list of conditions that can cause the pain in lower left side back pain. They are.
- Hypochondrial pain
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Peptic ulcer
- Irritable bowel syndrome
- Celiac disease
- Gastrointestinal bleeding
- Gastroesophagel reflux disorder
3 tips that help you from severe back pain lower left side area
If there is a severe back pain on your left side or right side then it means it is radiating downwards through your buttocks and down the back side area of the leg then it means that you are most likely suffering from the sciatica. The following are three main tips which you need to follow for helping to get rid of the lower left side back pain.
- When the pain occurs first then just use the ice packs on the affected area for about fifteen to twenty minutes of time once every two hours or about 24 – 48 hours where the initial onslaught of the pain is caused by the cold and inflammation that helps you to reduce the inflammation whereas the heat makes it more severe one.
- Take short walks which can help you to ease the spinal compression which caused by the pressure on the sciatic and disc nerve. So take a walk for short distance and then take rest avoid sitting when resting lay down or standing.
- Avoid sitting by compressing the spine when the sciatica is caused by ruptures or herniated discs then sitting will only make it worse than before, so try to sleep in the floor by keeping a pillow where this helps ease some of the pressure on the sciatic and discs nerve.
Another position that may help you in lying on the side is by keeping the pillows between the knees where these both these positions should also be used when you are sleeping. The above are only three things that may help you to get rid of the left side back pain in which there are also other things which you can follow to get rid of the severe back pain as well those things that can help you to protect your body in future from the back pain.